I have held various research-oriented roles, in academia and industry. A selected set of these is listed below.
Doctorate (PhD) Advisor
- Sarah Turner - Thesis title: Supporting Home Users Engagement with Cyber Security: Families and IoT, University of Kent (2020-2022) More here.
- Keenan Jones - Thesis title: Cybercriminals Authorship Analysis, University of Kent (2019-2022) More here.
- Enes Altuncu - Thesis title: Detecting False Information, University of Kent (2019-2022) More here.
- Nandita Pattnaik - Thesis title: Security of the Connected Home, University of Kent (2019-2022) More here.
- Anjuli R. K. Shere - Thesis title: Internet of Things Threats to Journalists, University of Oxford (2019-2023) More here.
- Fatima Zahrah - Thesis title: Tackling Online Hate, University of Oxford (2019-2023) More here.
- Mariam Nouh - Thesis title: On Combating Online Radicalisation: A Framework for Cybercrime Investigations, University of Oxford (2015-2020) More here.
- Meredydd Williams - Thesis title: Exploring the influence of privacy awareness on the privacy paradox on smartwatches, University of Oxford (2015-2018) Final thesis.
- Associate Fellow of The Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) (2021-Present).
- Expert Fellow of The EPSRC-funded Security, Privacy, Identity and Trust Engagement NetworkPlus (SPRITE+) (2019-Present)
- Visiting Academic in Computer Science at the University of Oxford (2018-Present).
- Visiting Fellow in Defence and Security at Cranfield University (2017-Present).
- JR Fellowship in Science, Wolfson College, University of Oxford (2014 – 2018).
- EPSRC Rising Star in Research Award – Selected as a Rising Star within EPSRC’s RISE awards campaign. RISE stands for Recognising Inspirational Scientists and Engineers, and is an initiative by the UK funding body, EPSRC, to recognise outstanding researchers and their efforts. (2014)
- Director of Public Engagement of the Kent Interdisciplinary Research Centre in Cyber Security (KirCCS) and Institute of Advanced Studies in Cyber Security and Conflict (SoCyETAL) (2019-Present) More here.
- Supervisory Chair, University of Kent (2019-Present).
- Organiser for Kent Cyber Security Seminar Series, University of Kent (2019-Present).
- Research Member of Wolfson College Oxford (2018-Present).
- School of Computing Representative on the Kent Public Engagement with Research Network (KPERN), University of Kent (2018-Present).
- Editorial Board, Inspired Research Magazine, University of Oxford (2016-2018).
- Professional Member of the ACM Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (SIGCHI) (2019-Present)
- Research Advisory Group Member for CybSafe Ltd. (2019-Present).
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) (2019-Present).
- Professional Member of the British Computer Society (2015-Present).
- Member of the Security Awareness Special Interest Group (SASIG) (2017-Present).
- Member of International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) Working Group (WG) 11.12 Human Aspects of Information Security and Assurance (2018-Present).
- Member of IFIP WG 11.8 Information Security Education (2017-Present).
Service (Conferences, Journals) (short list)
- General Chair of 15th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM) 2021. More here.
- Guest Editor of IEEE Access, Special Issue on Secure communication for the next generation 5G and IoT networks (2019)
- Co-Chair for the 16th International Conference on Privacy, Security and Trust (PST) (2018)
- PC Member / Reviewer for: IEEE SPWs, SocInfo, IC2S2, HICSS, PST, STAST, ECCE, British HCI, C&S, IJHCS, CHB, IJHCI, JISA, and more.